Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Class Take Away 8

I can relate to what Kennedy had to say about video games. Video games do make for a good escape from reality, they can bring people together, and they give people something to enjoy while passing the time.  I think games in general bring these moments out in life.  I think that playing/creating games gives us the power to transform not only how we look at the world, but it actually changes the world around us.  This in itself is a good reason to get out there and design new games.

I had a space out moment during class, but I could still hear my classmates talking about their different ideas for their cover pages and how those ideas related to who they are as a person.  This got me to thinking about myself and who I am as a person.  In my day to day life I maintain the illusion of structure and organization, because that's usually what is expected of me.  On the inside, this always make me feel like I am swimming in a pool of chaos.  Ironically, I come from a pretty chaotic background and I eventually learned not only to thrive, but to succeed in the midst of chaos.  I decided to represent myself on the cover page of my scrapbook in a chaotically structured way.  I know that I want to spray paint the back cover in silver, maybe make it a half and half with another color to represent the dualities that we often see in our lives.  I want to use pictures and quotes from authors I like.  I am going to shred up some of the class projects I've done and make some sort of design with them. I was also considering the use quotes from my fellow classmates, because this is supposed to be a collective journey that we are on together.


No comments:

Post a Comment