Monday, March 30, 2015

Double Take: Media-Go-Round

The idea here is to take a personal creation from a non-digital plarform, editing it on a digital platform, printining it out, and editing the creation again on a non-digital platform.

For this I did a sketch/coloring of a dragon...
and a spin-wheel painting with neon glow paint.

I took photos of the two images and uploaded them into Photoshop.  In Photoshop, I primarily used filters to edit these images, to see how it would change the backgrounds of the images themselves. 



 For the dragon, I used glowing edges, bas relief, and plastic wrap filters.



For the other crazy guitar looking one I used the accented edges, graphic pen, and glowing edges filter.  I transformed it a little to the right to make the middle line look more symmetrical. 



I printed the images once I was done editing them in Photoshop.  The image that looked almost like a guitar, I actually did turn into a little guitar with markers and colored pens.  For the dragon, I added a new color scheme to go with the leathery look of the Photoshop image.




1 comment:

  1. I really liked the way the coloring turned out with the filters in Photoshop on both images. The odd thing is, glowing edges is the only filter I used in both images and somehow the coloring turned out very similar between the two. I wish I had more free time to pursue projects like this one more. I feel like this project is a good way to open up creative channels for other projects. This project gave me some ideas for the altared book. I'm pretty excited about how it is turning out so far.

    ReplyDelete