Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Class Take Away 9

This one is not exactly about class.  I mean it is somewhat related, but a little off topic.  In class we had to create something using paper that represented the new food we tried.  I ate snail for this project.  I made a tree with the paper, because I could not think of a better way to explain snail other than earthy or like the sensations on your senses when you are in a forest.  Ironically, during the time I was coming up with ideas for the snail I ended up coming up with a cool painting for my pixel art characters.      
                                   
I just finished the painting itself today, but I am still working on getting the tiles glued down.  The painting is of a cave entrance with a waterway at the entrance.  The taste of the snail actually inspired the colors in the painting.  I thought it turned out pretty great and I love how my thoughts on the taste of snail helped me shape the painting itself.

While I was painting, I took some time to start on making different colored covers for the altared book.  I came up with two covers that I really liked, one is plain silver to represent my name meaning and the other is the start of a chaotic mash-up cover page with dark/neon green, pink, and silver overlay.  I took some pictures of these two, but the pictures don't quite do the end product justice.  I am starting to get excited about how the whole thing is starting to come together.

Believe it or not this thing is much darker in person, but it still has that awesome looking tie dye effect going on.  The cover is more of a sea foam green with neon green, neon pink, and silver over the top.  I cut out a square in this page, because I am going  to use the square as a foundation for a    3-D tree coming out of the cover.

Right now the back cover page is just plain silver.  I plan on adding more to the back cover page, but I wanted the finished result to be a surprise.  I am sure the end result of these pages will not be exactly as I imagine them now, but I can't wait to see how they transform.

No comments:

Post a Comment