Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Class Take Away 11

Ironically, the assignment for next week is to not come to class and spend that three hour block doing whatever it is that makes us happy.  I only say it is ironic, because I somewhat followed my bliss for the class prior to this one and ended up creating a mushroom house in Minecraft.  For this out of class assignment  I am going to have to come up with a new idea, but this time I think I want to take it outdoors.   During this time of class outside of class, we are supposed to be thinking about our fear project.  The fear project will be tough for me too.  I have to make something tangible to represent a fear that I have.  This is tough, because I was raised to believe that all fears should be faced head on  and I believe that when we worry about things we just end up generating unnecessary fear within ourselves about things that are usually not within our control.  I am afraid of things, but I don't let myself be ruled by these fears.  I get anxiety with heights, but I would still climb the highest mountain or the tallest tower just to see what is at the top.  I worry about the future, but I live in the now.  The only part of myself that even hesitates in the face of fear is a part of myself, that I am not sure I want or am ready to confront.  With that being said, I will have to seriously consider how I can approach this project without breaking myself.  This fear is one that I try not to confront very often. I have some ideas in mind on ways to make the fear tangible and so far I have been successful in facing my fears.  I think the best thing for facing any fear is to just own that fear and take control of it, instead of becoming consumed by it and letting it control your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment