Sunday, April 19, 2015

World Spinning Out of Control

                                                              LACK OF CONTROL 

Examine what makes YOU fearful. Really give this some critical thought. When you have identified a fear you want to examine, determine which of the categories best fits and discuss why you believe it is one and not the other. 
  1. Is the fear you identified for this project a fear, phobia, anxiety, or worry?                                                     I believe lack of control qualifies as both anxiety and worry.  Its more of a worry than an anxiety, but it still qualifies somewhat as both.  Anytime I plan something, but little things start to go wrong I start to worry.  When I was a kid I could never protect myself from those who wanted to hurt me.  I would constantly worry back then of situations that would come about and I could not control them.  I cannot gurantee another persons word, because all I have is their word and that used to be enough.  However, most people I meet today will give their word without followthrough.  I cannot control another person's behavior, so these circumstances make it hard to trust other people as a general whole.    
  2. In what ways do you notice fear in your life?                                                                                               i am often confronted with situations that I have very little power to do anything in.  I do a job that requires me to confront people if they are doing bad things, but I am not allowed to carry any weapons for protection if one of those situations goes wrong.  In certain situatons 
  3. What does fear keep you from experiencing?                                                                                             I am very guarded when I talk to people, so its hard for people to get to know me.  I rarely go out with people my age, because I don't want to end up in a bad situation I can't handle.
  4. What is the use of fear in your life? I don''t view fear as something that should hinder you.  I believe we should get in touch with the things that cause us to feel feelings that resemble fear, anxiety, worry, or phobias.  If we can get in touch with the things that cause these feelings to stir within, we can get in better touch with who we are as people and what we want to define us as individuals. It's hard to explain, but I think its much healthier to let go of things and not worry about the things that are out of our hands.  Not having complete control over the circumstances in my life is scary as hell, but it is not something i want to let control my decisions.  Its hard for me to talk to people and to participate in certain situations, but if I let that stop me I would not have got the chance to see England and meet all the new people I met while I was there.
  5. How does fear affect your life, especially in terms of creativity?                                                                   I really try not to let it hold me back, but I would say the biggest way it impacts me creatively is by holding me back from sharing my ideas with others.  I push past my worries to continue trying new things, but sometimes it can be difficult to push past.  Sometimes, I have to shut my mind off and just let go of all the worries.
  6. What form does your fear take?                                                                                                               It takes the form of distrust in/towards others, because people tend to be unpredictable in their behavior.  It will sometimes take the form of unnecessary worry in situations where small things seem to make the big picture fall apart.
  7. How does making a creative project about your fear impact how you view it?                                                  It reminds me, no matter what I want to keep living life to its fullest and I can't do that if I let worry or fear hold me back.  I want to try new things, travel to new places, and meet new people everyday.  I can't do that if I let my worry/anxiety hold me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment