Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Class Take Away 14

I was upset about the various disruptions during the discussions of our fear assignment.  I felt like we did not have the chance to fully convey our fear projects and what they meant for each of us. From my perspective, the point of doing the fear project is to get in touch with or face things we would not normally want to face and hopefully open us up to new ceative avenues.  There seemed to be an almost papable feeling of discomfort through both days of the fear assignments for everybody.  It was almost like the room had become one conscience at some points, as if everyone in the room was in those feelings and moments with the person telling their story.  Kyle did a really great job dedicating himself to his fear project.  It seemed like many of the students really struggled with similar things and they could all in some small way relate to one another.  Overall, I liked doing the assignment, but I did not like certain parts of the discussion portion of the assignment. The themes of everyone's fear seemed to manifest as one thing but turned out to be related to a much deeper bigger fear.  This fear project has in a way opened our eyes to what our fears really are and how we can somewhat deal with these fears when we are confronted by them.

I am excited about how my altared book is turning out.  I almost have the whole thing completed and put together.  I originally used green, pink, and light green on the cover to give the cover a more down to earth feel, and  I used silver spray paint to represent the double meaning of my name on the back cover of the book.  These two covers are also meant to represent the various roles we assume in life.  I have a secret within my altared book, that I think will be interesting. I covered the front part with quotes, a fairy picture, butterfly, paper tree, and green ceramic tiles.  The silver back cover has an orange phoenix, my name, and silver ceramic tiles.  I filled the inside pages with all the different projects I worked on throughout the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment