Tuesday, February 3, 2015

30 Minute Doodle







     This is my 30 minute doodle.  I am not really sure what I was thinking about while I was doing this, but one thing I can tell is I was definitely hungry when I started making the apple, mushroom, and the cauldron of soup.  Spontaneity with a little bit of serendipity played a big role in this, because I would usually start out drawing one thing and it would come out something completely different than what I was initially expecting.  The little alien dude actually started out in my mind as a little snowman.  The food was forced from my thoughts to my hand and then the paper.  In a way surrender played a big role too, because I had to surrender my starting ideas to the final image I had produced.  The only time my thoughts and hands were working in sync, was when I decided to make the tesseract (which is much harder to pull off 2-D), flowers, and little star jelly.  I did enjoy doodling all of this stuff, but I do wish I was better at drawing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment