Monday, February 16, 2015

Breaking Photoshop Rules

In Photoshop you are not supposed to upscale an image, free transform an image, or use multiple filter types.  I did all three in this image.  The upscaling of this image made it look pretty bad and distorted at first.  After I upscaled the image, I tried free transforming it a couple of times until I got an angle on the image that I liked.  Once I had the image at the angle I wanted, I used two different filters (glowing edges & colored pencil) and I used a blend mode (pin light), to make it turn into this wonderful image of rainbow puke.  This is not how I expected the image to turn out, but I like the fact that it ended up looking like a painting of a My Little Pony or Care Bear puke fest. The original photo was of a sliced rainbow cake, that got turned into a rainbow sketch with outlines of the original image.  I am going to keep playing around with the concept of breaking the rules and see where it will take me on my creative journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment