Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Class Take Away 6

     In class we talked about our projects involved with "bible dipping" and we explored our fears associated with this project, along with the in class assignment of blind drawing a partner.  One thing I noticed is that when the class talked about the "bible dipping" project and their word re-use, either they did not understand what context to interpret the word in or they were not comfortable with their own personal interpretation of the word re-use.  This was interesting to me, because like my classmates I had a similar problem with my word treason.  This class session served as a good reminder that language and word usage can be active, therefore words can be interpreted or even re-interpreted as a way to understand these words through each individual mindset.  With that reminder I was able to do something fun and creative with my word treason, because I kept interpreting the word itself until it turned into something I could understand and relate too.
     I liked some of the ideas presented in class.  For example, re-using old dreams to something creative and new was a great idea.  I had heard of a word cloud before class, but the way he turned the world cloud into his favorite movie script was pretty clever. He wrote out all of the words in the script and based their size on what words where repeated most often in the script.
    We talked about our fears too.  My personal fear of failure to myself was what I talked about.  I always have high expectations of myself, so when we did an assignment that I knew was impossible to succeed at my fear increased.  The others became more successful when they acknowledged that they could not be successful and their expectations of their work dropped, but mine did not because of my fear of not succeeding in my endeavors to create something good/worthy of the expectations I set for myself. Other people began to explore their fears in these projects and life, after I had the courage to express my fear of failing my own high expectations.  Some where worried about others projects being more creative and better than the projects they come up with.  Some where afraid of failing in the general sense of failing.  Some where afraid of upsetting others with their failures.  Many of us could relate to the feelings of being overwhelmed, making deadlines, letting others down with failed works, failing ourselves personally, and inadequacy.  Some where afraid of being alone forever, while others in the class where afraid they would never get time alone again.  It was helpful to see that others are going through the same things that the rest of us are going through, because it reminds us that we are not alone, whether we achieve or fail.   

No comments:

Post a Comment