Monday, February 2, 2015

Class Take Away 1

 I read the synopsis of the class before deciding to take it, but I was not sure what to expect going into the class.  I certainly did not expect to be rolling around the halls in my desk during break.  The break really resonated with me for a couple of different reasons.  The main reason it really resonated with me, is because it completely forced me out of my comfort zone.  I did a similar experiment when I was in high school, but it did not change the feelings of discomfort that came with it the first time around.  These feelings of discomfort come from the knowledge that, if the roles had been reversed with the people I came across I would think they where nuts and wonder what would possess them to do such a thing.  I was one of the first people out of the room in my desk and I definitely got a lot of crazy looks, so I just smiled and waved to mask my discomfort.  When I started to see more of my classmates in the hall the discomfort faded away and I realized I was actually enjoying myself.  I am always telling people that it is important to stay in touch with your inner child, because that was a time in our lives when we where unencumbered by the responsibilities that come with being an adult.  In a way I felt I too had to be reminded of this and rolling around the halls in my desk definitely helped.  Another thing about the break that really stuck with me was the experience of what life would be like if I where stuck in a chair.  The whole concept completely unnerved me, but it also made me appreciate what life must be like everyday for people who are like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment