Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Class Take Away 2

Why do I pay good money to come to a class where I color and destroy books? 

I think the class could be very useful for opening students up to new creative pathways that they may not have necessarily been able to find on their own.  I don't really like the whole concept of destroying a book, but I can definitely see how it could be beneficial and even therapeutic.  The idea is to take a book that represents something you don't like and transform it into a representation of something that you do like.  I can see how that would cause not only creative growth, but potentially even personal growth.

The things we do in class help in giving everyone a sense that their ideas are ok to try and no one will judge them based on what they come up with.  Discussing our various projects, helps us grow in understanding ourselves and it helps us realize that we are not alone in the things we feel.  It also gives us a sense of other peoples perceptions and understanding the things they are dealing with. The class forces a person to keep an open mind, thereby forcing the individual to stay creatively open.

No comments:

Post a Comment